Research Effectiveness Award Categories:
Consumer Insight Award
Public Policy/ Social Research Award
Technology & innovation Effectiveness Award
How to enter
Rules for entry
- There must be at least one Research Society member involved in the submission.
- All entries must be submitted on the Research Awards website by 5pm on Friday 18 September 2020.
- Entries must not overtly ‘sell’ any organisation. Company logos are acceptable.
- Submissions may be entered for more than one Award category but must be tailored to meet each specific category.
- Entries are welcome from individuals, teams, or client/agency partnerships, but must be tailored to meet each specific category.
- The primary contact must ensure that permission to enter the Awards is obtained from all parties involved including clients and/or any suppliers.
- Receipt of entries will be acknowledged by a simple email confirmation, if you do not receive this email within 3 days of applying please call Elissa on 1300 661 951
- No materials will be returned; however they will be securely destroyed after the Awards ceremony.
- The Research Society reserves the right to re-assign an entry to another category if it is deemed more appropriate.
- The judges’ decisions are final. The Judging Panel will not enter into correspondence about why an entry is not selected as a finalist.
- All submission materials will remain confidential to the Judging Panels and The Research Society during the judging process. We may subsequently wish to publish case studies based on the materials provided; specific permission to publish will always be sought from entrants.
- Entry into the Research Effectiveness Awards assumes that you are giving permission for The Research Society to provide or request abstracts of your submission for use by The Research Society and our media partners.
- Where client confidentiality may inhibit the later sharing of outcomes this should be noted on the entry form. This will not necessarily prejudice your entry but we must be aware of this at the time of application.
- One employee of the organisation entering the award category must be a member of The Research Society.
- The research must have been conducted, after 1 January 2019. The research can be part of an ongoing, longitudinal study but a portion must have been conducted after 1 January 2019.
- Each submission must include the following: a completed Entry Form (which includes a completed Client Approval Form); a completed Submission Document and a high resolution copy of your company logo.
- All submissions must be submitted electronically via the awards website.
- There is a maximum of 2000 words per entry and the submission should include the following:
a) A brief summary of the project’s objectives and methodology
b) Research outcomes
c) Evidence of the success of the project and
d) Any other details that make this research endeavour “above & beyond” the norm.
- Provide an executive summary of no more than 200 words. This must be approved by the client for media release. Your summary is an important part of your application and should clearly demonstrate how your entry matches what the judges are looking for. You should highlight:
a) the innovative mature of the work
b) the demonstrable outcomes
c) why you believe your entry should win this award
- Charts/illustrations can be included within the body of the paper but do not contribute to the word count.
- Your submission will be judged on the merits of the submission alone; no additional material will be considered.
- You must send a high resolution version of your company logo or two logos if the project is in an agency/client partnership, in print quality format that can be included for publicity purposes if your entry is shortlisted for an award.
- Entries close at 5pm on 25 November 2020. Entries submitted after the deadline of 5pm, 25 November 2020 will not be accepted.
Judging process and confidentiality
Winning a Research Effectiveness Award is about successfully addressing a challenge and demonstrating effective outcomes. Each category will have a judging panel of experts including COO’s, marketing and research management, and advertising executives with experience in the sector evaluating the entries.
Entries will be judged in February 2021 and the Award winners will be announced and presented at the Research Society Awards Night held on Wednesday 5 May 2021.
All materials will remain confidential to the Judging Panel. Case studies may be published based on the materials provided; permission to publish will be sought from the entrants. Submission materials will be destroyed under secure conditions after the Awards Night on 5 May 2021.
Each submission per category will incur an entrance fee of $550 (inc GST) to be made payable to The Research Society.
Once we receive your entry form we will invoice you for the fee. Failure to pay by 15 January 2021 will cancel your entry
- tell a clear and complete story
- show the link between the research and its outcomes
- be concise: 2,000 words is all you need
- include business results/outcomes wherever possible
- clarity and presentation is important
Entries open 4th May 2020
Entries close 5pm 25th November 2020
Awards Night 5th May 2021
Lodge your Submission
Applicants must download the official documents below to submit. SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO: email@example.com by 5pm Wed 25 Nov. You must be a Research Society member to lodge a submission.
Once your submission document is complete, click the submit button on the bottom of the form, or save your file and submit later.Download entry form Submit entry