Young Researcher of the Year Award
Rules for entry
- All entries must reach The Research Society National Office by 5pm on 25 November 2020 electronically via the Research Awards website.
- Receipt of entries will be acknowledged by a simple email confirmation, if you do not receive this email within 3 days of applying please call Elissa on 1300 661 951
- No materials will be returned; however they will be securely destroyed after the Awards ceremony.
- The judges’ decisions are final. The Judging Panel will not enter into correspondence about why an entry is not selected as a finalist.
- All submission materials will remain confidential to the Judging Panels and The Research Society during the judging process.
- Entry into the Young Researcher Award assumes that you are giving permission for The Research Society to provide or request abstracts of your submission for use by The Research Society and our media partners.
- The senior member of the organisation nominating the Young Researcher must be a member of The Research Society.
- Each submission must include the following:
a) a completed Entry Form;
b) a completed Submission Document and
c) a high resolution photo of the young researcher.
- All submissions must be submitted electronically. Create a PDF of your entry that includes entry document, submission form and send to email@example.com. The basis of the submission: a 500 word synopsis.
- Your submission will be judged on the merits of the submission alone; no additional material will be considered.
- Entries close at 5pm on 25 November 2020. Entries submitted after the deadline of 5pm, 25 November 2020 will not be accepted.
Judging process and confidentiality
Winning the Young Researcher Award is about successfully demonstrating the nominated young researcher’s passion and interest in the research industry.
The entries will be shortlisted in February 2021. The shortlisted entrants will be required to conduct a 5 minute presentation on a topic of their choice to the judging panel and all the shortlisted entrants will receive a free ticket to the Awards Night being held on 5 May 2021.
All materials will remain confidential to the Judging Panel.
Submission materials will be destroyed under secure conditions after the Research Society Awards Night on 5 May 2021.
Each submission per category will incur an entrance fee of $550 (inc GST) to be made payable to The Research Society. This fee will cover 2 complimentary tickets to the awards ceremony on Wednesday 5 May 2021.
Once we receive your entry form we will invoice you the fee. Failure to pay by 15 January 2021 will cancel your entry.
Entries open 4th May 2020
Entries close 5pm 25th November 2020
Awards Night 5th May 2021
Lodge your Submission
Applicants must download the official documents below to submit. SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wed 25 Nov. You must be a Research Society member to lodge a submission.
Once your submission document is complete, click the submit button on the bottom of the form, or save your file and submit later.Download entry form Submit entry